Current Openings at the ESRB
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Division: Information Technology, ESRB
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Summary of Position: The senior software developer will assist in coordinating all software development related tasks. This involves, but is not limited to, programming, project management and supporting and training junior staff. The individual will be expected to have in depth technical expertise, coupled with strong organizational skills. He/she must also be effective at communicating with both technical and non-technical staff.
The following lists of responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be required. These responsibilities may be amended and updated from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Programming using the following languages primarily: DHTML, .NET (C#), T-SQL, VBA
- Supporting the Director, Information Technology with the drafting of specification and working documents
- Providing technical consultation for management-level strategy meetings
- Coordinating and supporting development efforts of internal junior-level programmers and off-shore IT consultants
- Assisting the Director, Information Technology in constructing and implementing a training plan for the junior-level programmers.
Special Skills Required
- 3-8 years work experience with DHTML, .NET (C#), T-SQL and VBA
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft family of products and programming technologies, especially Windows Server, IIS (web application configuration), Office (especially Access and VBA Macro), SQL Server (including Reporting Services & SSIS), and Silverlight
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent, requiring minimal supervision and direction, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
Optional but Preferred Background
- Knowledge of Java technologies - Java programming and Linux configurations
- Knowledge of the video/PC gaming and mobile app industries
- Website and/or web application graphic design or art background
Interested candidates should supply a resume and salary history & requirements to resumesIT@esrb.org.