Current Openings at the ESRB
Assistant Compliance Manager, Privacy Certified
The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) is the non-profit, self-regulatory body that assigns ratings for video games and apps so parents can make informed choices. The ESRB rating system encompasses guidance about age-appropriateness, content, and interactive elements. As part of its self-regulatory role for the video game industry, the ESRB also enforces industry-adopted advertising guidelines and helps ensure responsible web and mobile privacy practices under its Privacy Certified program. ESRB was established in 1994 by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA).
About Privacy Certified
Established in 1999, ESRB Privacy Certified was among the first privacy seal programs certified by the Federal Trade Commission as an authorized “Safe Harbor” under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), a status that helps shield members from potential FTC sanctions and fines. Privacy Certified helps companies’ websites and mobile apps maintain compliance with the increasingly complicated thicket of privacy laws inside and outside of the U.S. while striving to make their products secure, trustworthy, and private places to share information and conduct business. Our goal is to help companies implement effective, sensible privacy practices that advance their business objectives while protecting their brands.
The Assistant Compliance Manager is a hands-on role assisting the Compliance Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Privacy Certified program, particularly monitoring and auditing Privacy Certified’s member websites and mobile apps for compliance with our global program requirements. The Assistant Compliance Manager also reviews and responds as necessary to member and consumer inquiries, oversees our Consumer Online Hotline dispute resolution program, and maintains accurate internal department records for all compliance-related activities. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with companies that are making some of the most creative and innovative products on the market, many of which are directed to children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct bi-annual compliance audits of all member websites, mobile apps, and IoT products.
- Complete and distribute bi-annual Compliance Reports and follow-up with members as necessary.
- Interact directly with members regarding privacy compliance issues; keep both the Compliance Manager and Vice President abreast of such issues.
- Interact directly with consumers to resolve privacy complaints.
- Track legislative and regulatory developments and update the department as necessary.
- Revise and update the monitoring process as necessary in response to new laws, regulations, and/or initiatives.
- Deliver recommendations to the Vice President regarding ways to enhance the services provided to participating companies.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information and solve problems
- Excellent research, organizational, and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a small team environment
- Strong aptitude for learning new software programs and internal systems
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years applicable professional work experience
- Experience in website audits and compliance is helpful
- CIPP certified preferred but not required
- Knowledge of privacy laws (COPPA and GDPR particularly helpful)
- Basic understanding of data collection tools (e.g. cookies)
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite, Internet (familiarity with SharePoint a plus) and mobile storefront apps (iOS, Google in particular)
- Not seeking JDs
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following job link: https://recruit.zohopublic.com/recruit/PortalDetail.na?digest=wUKJ7psyOrA4CgEqKjvWGnGAUnkE7bVo.a85bxdBEmQ-&iframe=true&jobid=361327000000700231&widgetid=361327000000072311&embedsource=Embed
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work environment and is based in New York, New York.
ESRB is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers. Green Card or citizenship required. ESRB is an equal opportunity employer.
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact 202/232-1765